Massage License Number
1. The NCBTMB requires that we put your home address on your transcript. Please enter it in the box below. Don't worry, we will not mail you anything or give it to anyone else.
2. According to the law, why is it necessary to regulate massage therapy?
3. How does the law define a “massage therapist”?
4. How many people are on the board of massage therapy?
5. If a massage therapy establishment is located in a building with multiple businesses the establishment must have available toilet facilities located within ______.
6. The department of Health shall make periodic inspections of all Florida licensed massage establishments no less than ________.
7. Each Licensed Massage Therapist must:
8. Florida licensed massage therapists must complete ___ hours of continuing education each biennial period. At least ____ hours must be relevant to and focus on massage therapy technique?
9. Which of the following continuing education courses is NOT required for renewal of a Florida Massage Therapy license?
10. To qualify as a “sponsoring massage therapist” (someone who directly supervises an apprentice), a massage therapist must have been engaged in the actual practice of massage for at least _____ prior to the sponsorship.
11. Florida licensed massage therapists must complete ___ hours of continuing education each biennial period. At least ____ hours must be relevant to and focus on massage therapy technique?
12. Which of the following constitutes misconduct?
13. A healthcare provider who refers a patient to an entity in which they are an investor MUST provide the patient with a written disclosure form that informs the patient of the investment interest. Failure to do this is a
14. What is a “Kickback”?
15. What is “sexual misconduct”?
16. The penalty for giving false information on your massage license application is
17. “Complementary or alternative health care treatment” means what?
18. Which of the following constitutes grounds for disciplinary action by the board?
19. What is required to be included in your advertisements?
20. A county or municipality, within its jurisdiction, may regulate persons and establishments licensed under the law.
21. A licensed massage therapist must be on the premises of the establishment if a client is in a treatment room for the purpose of receiving massage therapy.
22. According to the text, when and where was the first massage therapy regulation ordinance passed in the United States?
23. What was the purpose of early massage regulations?
24. Punishment for breaking massage therapy regulations could mean _______.
25. A Massage therapy licensing board is responsible for________________.
26. According to the text, in regards to ethics, what is the law?
27. Blind adherence to the letter of the law can lead to a morally vacuous attitude where actions are considered acceptable if ______________.
28. _______________________is the idea that person’s moral and/or political obligations are dependent upon a contract (agreement) among all the people in the society in which they live.
29. “I want the right to call myself a massage therapist and charge people money for my services, and in return I will follow the rules that society has in place for massage therapists.”
This is an example of which ethical theory in action?
30. According to the text, what should you do, as a massage therapist, if you are chafing under a regulatory environment that is unfair to massage therapists?
31. What law makes it illegal to discriminate in your hiring practices based on race, age or gender?
32. What is the rationale for requiring NCBTMB certified massage therapists to report other NCBTMB certified massage therapists that are breaking the law?
33. The requirement to report other massage therapists that are breaking the law to the proper authorities is an example of ________________
34. According to section 456.003 (2) Legislative intent; requirements (page 22 of the course) Why does the legislature believe that some professions should be regulated?
35. According to section 456.007 Board members; requirements (page 25 of the course) What would keep the owner of a massage school from sitting on the massage licensing board?
36. Fill in the blank using 480: Massage Practice Act Section 480.032 Purpose (page 136 of the course).
The Legislature recognizes that the practice of massage is potentially_________ to the public in that massage therapists must have a knowledge of anatomy and physiology and an understanding of the relationship between the structure and the function of the tissues being treated and the total function of the body.
37. Fill in the blank using 480: Massage Practice Act Section 480.032 Purpose (page 136 of the course).
Massage is____________, and regulations are necessary to protect the public from unqualified practitioners.
38. According to the Massage Practice Act section 480.033 (4) (page 137 of the course) a massage therapist is a person that is__________________.